The COVID-19 pandemic has changed a lot of things about our daily lives, including your regular visits to the dentist. As we continue to adjust to the new normal, we wanted to provide you with an update.
We know that everyone is excited about the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Commonwealth of Massachusetts announcement that fully vaccinated people will no longer need to wear masks in many settings beginning May 29, 2021. This is another sign that we are getting back to normal. However, please note that this change does not apply to health care settings (including our office). FACE COVERINGS WILL STILL BE MANDATORY FOR BOTH VACCINATED AND UNVACCINATED INDIVIDUALS WHEN VISITING OUR OFFICE. This requirement applies to patients, visitors and staff.
As restrictions have relaxed, we are excited to open our socially-distanced reception area. This means you no longer will have to wait in your vehicle for your appointment. When you arrive for your appointment, you are welcome to come right in, no need to call us first. If you prefer to wait in your vehicle, please feel free to do so and call us when you arrive.
A screening questionnaire is no longer required prior to your visit. We will verify this information when you arrive. If you are exhibiting any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, please call us to reschedule your appointment. We also ask that if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days following your visit, to please contact us as well.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. In addition to our normal extensive procedures, we have also instituted new enhanced safety protocols that we wanted to make you aware of.
• Your temperature will be taken via a touch-less thermometer when you arrive. We will also have all patients use hand sanitizer upon their arrival.
• Appointments are being managed to allow for improved social distancing. There will be greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in our office at any one time.
• We will be wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including face shields, gowns, and N95 masks. Additionally, patients will be provided with a mouth rinse prior to beginning any procedure.
• Clear barriers have been installed in strategic locations throughout the office for your safety.
• You may notice that our reception room looks different with increased spacing between chairs. Magazines have been removed since these are difficult to clean and disinfect. Please come to your appointment alone, or with only one parent/guardian.
• We have completed a major upgrade to our HVAC and filtration system. We have also installed medical-grade air purifiers throughout the office.
The safety and well-being of our patients and staff has always been, and will continue to be, our highest priority. We would like to thank all of you for your continued support over the past year. We look forward to providing the highest quality dentistry possible to you and your family.